So that sent me off in a completely different direction!
For awhile now I have become somewhat disillusioned with my fabric stash! Over the years I have made purchases of fabric - very lovely quilting cottons -- at least that's how I felt at the time! Sometimes just a fat quarter and sometimes 3 meter lengths, but rarely did I buy a piece of fabric with a particular project in mind.... So now it has come to pass that pretty much everything that I make is "SCRAPPY" even though it is not scraps that I am working with!
So the announcement of a yard sale for our whole townhouse complex seemed to be the exact motivation to clear/sell some of my stash so that I might plan and purchase the exact right fabrics for my next quilt. I want a quilt that doesn't have a dozen shades of various colours! I want to make a quilt that has maybe FIVE perfectly coordinated fabrics. I don't know yet what that quilt will be but that is my ultimate plan. I want to PLAN each quilt, work on it using fabric that was carefully chosen, then when it is finished, think about the next quilt...
I think it might be what is called SLOW QUILTING now. I even want to get back to hand quilting the quilt!
So this Saturday I am going to have for sale a good portion of my fabric stash.
I have even thought about why I want to get back to slow quilting! I find that I don't have alot of people who I need to make a quilt for, so if I make one quilt from start to finish in a year that should be quite fine for my closet space!
Another reason I want to make this change is I want to make something special for just me. I have made too many small quilts with basic blocks. Those kinds of quilts are not particularly challenging to me anymore. They are sort of like working in a factory and doing the same thing over and over and over. They just serve as a project that I would have to force myself to finish.
Its a big job, and it requires a heavy hand, because I keep coming across "special" fabrics that I think I might keep! The keep pile is growing too fast, tho! I think I have to re-evaluate that keep pile!
One of the dilemnas about this project is that I want to start my plan to PLAN a quilt, but that means selling alot my fabric, but if I don't sell the fabric then I have to keep making scrappy quilts that I don't really enjoy... What is the saying? Six of one and a half dozen of the other!
I think I shall be happy with either outcome, tho! Shall I see you on Saturday?
So, I will get back to my Tunisian Crochet project after the Yard Sale, I think.
Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network this week...