Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Blatantly Promoting My Etsy Store!

I am a Canadian Seller on Etsy.com who specializes in items that relate directly to what I write about on my blog.   Quilting and Crochet - with I little bit to do with related crafts, like doll making, clothing sewing patterns and few odd bits like vintage sewing collectibles...

I am thinking that I should have alot more sales to Canadians but most of my products are going to the USA.

Now I must admit I have slight advantage over many Canadian Sellers when it comes to selling to USA customers.   It is that I live within a few kilometers of a border crossing and I maintain a US postal box.   I deal with customs myself to send items across the border so definately have a quick response to sales going to the south of me.   How lucky am I?


Some of my favourite things to list on my store is Unique or Vintage Sewing Patterns.   It does quite amaze me what people (in the case of the above pattern - I got a stash of patterns from a cousin's mother in law who was downsizing!) will have purchased and never quite got around to using.   Some of the patterns are triggers to my own memories of sewing most of my own clothes for many years.   I love to be reminded of those bell bottom pants of the early 1970's!



Buttons!  Wow do I have Buttons for sale!  A good portion of the buttons that I have acquired have come to me from collections from older relatives, some are still on the original card with a price like 29 cents!  And from out of business stores like Woolworth's, and Eaton's.


Now, not all my products for sale come to me because a relative or friend wants to clear out a drawer and doesn't know where to get rid of these things, except to me, but I spend time going to garage sales on Saturday or stopping in at some of my local second hand stores to see if I can find a treasure or two to feature in my shop.


My sister would be a great source of crochet supplies -- if I remember correctly she has a huge collection of  self published crochet designer Elizabeth Hiddleson who's books go for a premium in online shops, but I cannot look to that collection for a source of product for my store!  My sister loves her crochet and is very good at it so I am sure that she makes great use of her collection!   Aw, well, I just keep looking and now and then come across a few things that a crocheter is in need of...


And a new category to my shop -- Quilting Cottons -- if you read my blog regularly you will know that I had my own yard/garage sale a couple weeks back.  Well, there's still lots of fabric that I want to clear out of my closets and shelves so some of it I have started to list in my ETSY store....

Now, have I made you curious?  You can look at my sidebar and see a quick selection of what I currently have listed in my shop and if something appeals to you, click on the icon and you will go directly to my shop.
Or
You could just come visit my whole shop, take a look around and perhaps if you don't find anything today, you might make note of my store online address and come visit on another day...

Come check out some of the things I have available at My Etsy Shop soon.

Oh, one other little thing I want to say -- this whole process of collecting and researching craft related items is a hobby in itself and I really love the process of collecting and passing along some of these special finds!  I do have to admit tho, sometimes I will find an item that I just can't let go of!   I have a weakness for old wooden spools of thread!