Now, that is done, I can actually SEE MY WAY CLEAR to a few projects!
I am slowly working on a Postage Stamp Quilt -- My Aunt Vera made one of these, by hand, many years back and every now and then the memory of it returns in my mind. I decided, I should actually make one for myself! A postage stamp quilt is made up of well, postage stamp sized fabric bits. In the case of the one I am doing, the bits are 2" square and when sewn are 1 1/2 inch... So when I make a block of 25 squares it is not very big...
And so far I have 12 of these made - it is a long way to go, yet tho...
There will be narrow sashings between each block, at least that is the plan so far...
My other in progress is the blocks and fabric that I got from a quilting friend that I have been working on...
I made a stack of leaves and petals so that I could add an applique border, tho it is only on two sides of the project... I guess you might say it is my ARTISTIC interpretation! Hahahaha!
I had started to applique the pieces with my machine, but the curves of the leaves and petals are a bit too tight to do them neatly, so now it goes down to lay beside my TV watching chair and I can applique by hand before the layering and quilting...
Last year just about this time, I won a Jelly Roll of black and white fabrics and I have been searching since then for just the right project for them... And I do believe I have found it! Good thing I thumbed through all those old magazines before giving them away! This S-Block Quilt in Quilt Magazine from January 2009, seems to feel right. Now, the decision that needs to be made, what colour should the 'in between' S be??? RED? hmmmm....
My last Work in Progress for now, is this poor little AVOCADO plant...
I do think there is something wrong with it. I started the seed from a store bought avocado just around Christmas time. It took til March before it had a good root and a couple of leaves, so I planted it in soil on March 9. It has added about an inch in height since then, but the leaves are not opening out and why are they so white?
I doesn't look like pictures of avocado plants I see on the internet google images... hmmmm...
Linking up as usual with The Needle and Thread Network...