Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Someone Else's Sewing...

It's been awhile since I wandered up into my sewing room...

Partly because it was in a real shambles after 'culling' quite a few of the books and magazines I had collected through the years along with notions that I probably would never get around to using and even some lengths of fabric that I just could not see a way to use...

I did finally get things back in order to where it became a room that I could walk into and see where the things were on shelves or in their baskets along the wall so I sat down and pulled a plastic bag of stuff out of a drawer...

Every now and then everyone needs an injection of inspiration.

Even if that inspiration comes in the form of someone elses part done project that they had lost interest in a year or two or three ago... (people tend to give me stuff, cause I always smile when they do so! and I always promise to make good use of whatever it is!)

Some blocks, a few cut squares, triangles and long strips pre-cut, were organized into this piece...

 
This is, either a table runner or a door quilt -- not quite sure which, or perhaps it is a bed runner... It measures about 60 inches long and about 25 inches wide.
 
Most of the star blocks were already made and the alternating plain blocks were cut, the narrow border strips were already cut too.  There is some of that lovely mauve about 1/2 meter and I am hoping that I can add a final border with it.  Then with some of the bali print scraps I am thinking to add a leaf vine applique border...
 
I think I will put another couple hours into it today and see how much further it progresses...
 
 
Oh, and today, even tho he looks a bit grumpy, I know Walter is celebrating...
It was two years ago today, that Walter came to live with us and we are happy and thankful that he did!