Now, onto my latest "Summer Love"...
My dear heart (DH) or depending on the day, damn husband, has been taking opportunities to suggest to me that he needs some new music -- he had a 'music player' thingy for a long time, but it wore out and now he is back to listening to music in a regular cd player, so he wanted a couple of new cd's. (we do discuss these kind of WANTS as opposed to Needs)
So I ordered from Amazon.ca two of the three items he wanted -- old man rock and roll -- John Fogerty, Wrote a Song for Everyone and something new from a group from Colorado called the Luminares -- I like the Luminares,they have a very interesting sound -- I could almost hear Grunge, but also some basic Country-- very refreshing!
I'm disappointed in John Fogerty, but I won't be the one with that in my "collection' so my opinion on it doesn't really matter... (I just think voices get old and tired and it is just no fun listening to a version of "Bad Moon Rising" that isn't quite as vibrant and bright as it was in 1970...)--and that opinion goes for any of the old men of Rock and Roll...
Anyway. Along with those two cd's I ordered a book - for me, but also to make the order so that it has free shipping -- good excuse, hey?!
Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy! I thought I was ordering this book just to add to the order, but what a great book! As soon as it came in the door and was unpackaged - and the cd's thrown aside - I quickly became infatuated! There are dozens of crochet snowflakes to be found on the internet, but this book is so clear with both written and diagramed instructions it is a joy to go through each page!
And I have been busy...
So far I have done 4 of the beginner patterns -- and yes each pattern clearly says, beginner, intermediate, and advanced -- with many snowflakes that can be made up in much less than an hour, which makes them very satisfying to do!
I have not blocked or stiffened up any of the ones I have made yet tho. I was going to ask my aunt how to do that, but the book does have quite nicely written instructions for doing that and what product to use...
A few years back I gave my self a challenge to make 100 crochet snowflakes, but at the time, I got bogged down and I think I got about 20 done, which I gave away with christmas cards that year...
Mind you, I started that challenge in November....
This is June. I have lots of time to get a 100 snowflakes made before Christmas! and like the subtitle of the book says "Make your own snowdrift - to give or to keep"
PS - were you waiting for my other summer challenge? the one with a tutorial for a traditional quilt block each week? that doesn't seem to be working out right now... You don't want a big long story about it either, do you? Good. Cause I don't have one...
The current infatuation with snowflakes could last all summer!
Wishing you all a summer love...