I saw a shawlette on one of my favourite crochet blogs, a few weeks ago and decided to go ahead and create a really large drapey shawl for myself using this 'shawlette' pattern stitch.. You can find the instruction for the pattern, free on Ravelry - it is called the South Bay Shawlette. (you need to log in or create an account if you have not already done so).
But. I first saw this pattern in progress on Le Monde Sucrette - you will have scroll back a few posts -- I did that on purpose cause I want you see her lovely projects as you scroll back!
Is this what you call ombre? Cream, light pink, hot pink, and finally burgundy...
See that bit of yarn hanging? I was in a bit of a rush to take these pictures as it is just after 5pm and the daytime light will have soon been gone for the day, so I finished up that last stitch and hung the shawl on the back of a chair on my balcony to get a quick pic...
Isn't that a great stitch? Such a nice lacy effect and yet it is only a two row repeat. Such a simple pattern stitch and it looks quite intricate. I may just create another in this pattern with a natural or organic quality yarn -- this one is done with 4 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I'm thinking this might look and feel really nice in a lighter weight yarn, but still as large shawl. This version hangs down well past my bum and will keep me very cosy I think. I definately prefer the longer coverage.
I have been wanting a shawl for a very long time to wrap around my shoulders while I work at my computer on those very early mornings when I tend to be doing my best work...
I just want to put a bit of trim at the top edge -- no fringe tho because it will just be chased by Walter, who if you read this blog regularly, you know is an imp in black and white cat fur...
trying on a pink hat to see if it will match the shawl?...