And I decided first thing this morning to put a binding on a quilt that has been finished for about 3 months except for the binding.
I had my breakfast -- an omlette with slices of avocado on top and a nice fresh cup of coffee (sometimes I use yesterdays coffee left in the pot cause I am too impatient to wait for an fresh pot), checked my email and was headed to the sewing room before 7am...
I pulled out the quilt that needed the binding and plopped it down on the floor beside my sewing chair while I sewed the long strips of binding together
Then I turned to pick up the quilt and guess who? had made himself comfortable within the folds.
For a change he wasn't knocking things off the cutting table or taking up all the space by stretching out in the sun on my ironing surface, SO...
I shifted my focus and decided to work on another project.
Another small "chocolate box" of already cut 2 inch squares was passed along to me a week or so ago at guild meeting, so I thought instead of loosing them in the piles of stuff, I would do a bit of stitching them into a few blocks. 25 patch blocks, that maybe will become a doll quilt or? who knows, but I was in a mood to sew and since Walter had disrupted one plan, there is always an alternative in my sewing room...
Well, I did not get very far along when my DH asked if I wanted to go get some groceries, so I only got a few blocks done...
These are rather fiddly little blocks, but now they are started and I am back from the grocery store interruptions so I shall head back to the sewing room, open my window and listen to the birds twittering and fluttering outside my window, and get some more sewing accomplished... And thats the plan for today. It is not yet 10:30am! Lotsa time!