I was just looking at some of my scrappy bits of yarn yesterday afternoon and since I woke up this morning with SNOW on the ground, I think I will go set down in my chair and crochet one or two of these gorgeous little pears. I am thinking though that the tiny pear would also suit my tiny christmas tree -- so instead of a necklace, I will use mine as a christmas tree ornament . Will try to get back later today and post a photo of two of my own completed pear.
And to add -- 11:27 am -- the results of my efforts to crochet the little pear...
I need more practice - or I need different yarn. I am using worsted acrylic and the tutorial says to use a baby type yarn -- I don't have any right now, not in green, yellow, peachy, but I do have purple -- pears are not usually purple. So I made it with what I had....
The yarn for the leaf is also too heavy and makes them a bit large for the pear. I will try again in a day or two, perhaps a trip to the thrift shop to see what I can find to more accurately create the pear in the proper proportions -- but I would say this is a really easy and quick ornament to work, I think it took no more than about 20 minutes -- you could really make a whole CROWD of them in an evening!
As you can see, I brought my yarn up to the computer and worked right from the screen. I am also low on paper to print with, so direct from the blog works quite as well!
And, since I was taking pictures and putting them on the blog, I thought I would include a couple of other recent projects. The tiny skate is thanks to ALICE, our guild program co ordinator. Everyone at the day meeting received a little kit and we proceeded to make a pair of tiny skates. I made a very slight change to the one I did (I still need to get the second one done) -- I folded in the felt at a very slight angle when I "laced" up the boot and it more realistically resembles a figure skate, I think.
I got a pattern quite sometime ago for making crochet kittens (from an etsy shop) and I have made and given away a few already.
There are so very many patterns and ideas for making small things to give or use on your christmas tree or just to display around your house. I personally don't purchase "manufactured" tree ornaments anymore. I guess I like the old-fashioned homey look!
How 'bout you? Is crafting part of your Christmas or do you prefer the bright sparkley easy but expensive option of Christmas decor?