Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

"They" Keep Making Things Easier!

Recently I have noticed a new element on some of the blogs that I visit.   A box that says I can get an email whenever the blog writer has written a new post.  Well, I just discovered today, that BLOGGER now offers that to blog readers!

So, this offers the reader another option of finding blogs that they want to return to and read on a regular basis.  Instead of adding the blog to your favourites -- and that list of favourites can get so long you can't keep track of it anyway, or to your Google Reader List and again that list can become overwhelming, you now can receive an email that tells you that your favourite blog or webpage has been updated.

Take a look on the right side of my page at the top and you will see a place to type in your email address, when you click on submit, it will take you to a page that tells you to go to your email to confirm that you want to receive these updates.  Say ok, or not if you made a mistake and then each time the writer has added new content to their blog or website you will get an email to tell you.  Often, the email will include all the written text but not the pictures but will provide a link to the page so that you can go directly to the web page or blog, or you can choose to read the content and then delete the email.

Test it out, tell me what you think?  Will it make it easier to keep up to the blogs you want to be reminded of?

I have 'subscribed' to a few that way and find it quite convenient for the way I use the internet.


Oh, and THANKS, if you decide to subscribe to my blog!