Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sandwiches/Scanwiches

Still thinking about Food, not quilts and not crochet, but I am working on a knitted scarf and sewing together some scrappy bits to gift a nephew for his coming wedding...

The other day, I discovered a facinating webpage -- called Scanwiches...

Pictures of original and inventive sandwiches....  Boy, the things people think of, eh?  I have this great admiration for simple but enlightening ideas and this is surely one of them.

Go to http://scanwiches.com/post/11064078341/5-borough-bistro-google-nyc-peanut-butter  to take a look at the most recent posting.... Then take a look back at previous postings which really are just a simple description and a close-up photo of a sandwich...

It is become quite compelling to me to see if I can create a sandwich as pretty as a quilt.  So, here is my own little SCANWICH offering...


Cherry Tomatoes from my own little garden, slices of avocado, cream cheese all on toasted 100 % whole wheat bread, with black pepper...

So now thinking quilt, a couple of shades of green, white, two or three brown, or "natural" beige and a bright cherry red...  A Christmas Wall Hanging!!

How about you, got a sandwich that can translate into a quilt???