Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nothing to Say...

Just the regular everyday kind of things lately.  It is finally showing signs of SPRING and that is my favourite season.  I am planting things in my garden and the squirrels are eating the seeds that I planted for Pole Beans...  My Cat Nip plant was devastated by a new cat in the neighbourhood.  Chewed up, rolled on, and spit out!   I moved the ragged plant to my upper balcony where that cat cannot climb...

Calendula, and Batchelor Buttons are sprouted and the second set of leaves are appearing.  Tiny Tim cherry tomatoes are looking strong with bloom buds showing.  My container strawberries are bloomed and tiny green strawbs have formed.

Our Guild Quilt Show is this weekend, so I am busy sorting a few items that I plan to put into our guilds "For Sale" Boutique.  A couple of tote bags, children's sun hats, potholders and even an I Spy Lap Quilt.  The quilts that I have in the show, were labeled and hanging sleeves put on last week and they are packed up ready to be hung.

Organizing things have been a top priority for the last few months and I keep finding things to put into order or to eliminate.  Photos, dated and into file boxes by year, and month with a few special series labeled by subject.  Fabric Stash reorganized and then reorganized again.  Etsy Store items, inventoried and packaged for easy and quick shipping...

Yesterday, I spent the morning, organizing household files -- after the previous 2 mornings spent shredding old reciepts and tax forms and other outdated paperwork...  TWO huge garbage bags of shredded paper for the recycle bin.  DONE.

The Medallion Quilt, meantime is on hold -- just not the time to think about it and I am having a major difficulty finding a fabric that the next border is crying for.

A few family EVENTS and Occasions also take up my time lately -- seems like May/June is almost as busy as Christmas!


A new DRAGON/Dinosaur (from the thrift store) for my backyard -- I do have a strange set of creatures inhabiting my fence and deck and under some of the plants!

And today a couple of things lined up -- out of the house.  I am going to visit the local CAT shelter and see if I might find a new member to our family.  This house has always had two cats and since Fossie went on her way to the big cat haven we have been missing her so it is time to look for that new kitty to fit into our home...  And the not so fun part of the day -- gotta go pay house insurance, and while we are at it, it is property tax time so that bill to will get taken care of today..... 

WHEWF!  Thats enough for one day.   I think before I start it all, I will fill the slow cooker with some chicken and veg and I won't need to think about dinner until it is time to scoop a serving from the ceramic bowl of the slow cooker...