Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Admit it!

I'm lazy...

It sounds better tho to say I'm busy, but honestly, there are some days, even a stretch of days where my motivation is not quite up to snuff...

I did have a busy weekend -- with putting in volunteer hours at my quilt guild's quilt show this past weekend and between those hours of manning the admittance booth, selling raffle tickets and wandering about and answering questions, I did have to wash dishes and vacuum carpets and water the garden and go grocery shopping for the food to keep my family happy and contented...

THEN on Tuesday IT happened again!  The kind of event that occurs less often than Christmas but once done lasts so much longer than just one day.  Since 1972, this event has occured 12 times now.

WE GOT A NEW KITTEN!!!

Walter is his name.
He is a very handsome little boy.
He comes from the home of my friend Nearissa and she hand raised/bottlefed him and his siblings from the time he was about 10 days old -- his Mama went out one day and never came back...  It is a good thing Walter (who originally was named Socks) had Nearissa to save him.

Walter is the most adventurous and fearless kitten that I ever remember meeting.  He is just over 8 weeks old and is as bold as if he had lived here everyday of his life.

Walter found his way about our house by going forward every step, he climbed up top and squeezed underneath.  He scrambled up the stairs and scurried across the rooms he was exploring!

Even Pearl did not intimidate Walter.


Walter was happy to see Pearl, in fact.  Walter embraces Pearl every chance he gets!
And Pearl, well, lets just say it was LOVE at first sight...



Archie, our mature older boy (he is only 5) was at first a bit leary of this well dressed little whirlwind who has invaded the territory.  Walter did not flee nor backdown when Archie came to be introduced.  Walter just watched and explored and waited til Archie invited him into the cat cave, where they now both lay together, or play peek-a-boo -- one outside and one in...

And even the DAD has taken to the charm that Walter spreads around the house!  (the DAD was quite uncertain of taking on a new baby)
Walter is full of charm and it seems he is just one of those guys with a winning smile and he seems happy to spread his "shine"  all around...

So now I have a reason for lazy.  Watching Walter is an amazing thing and I am sure it will not wear off for days and days and days and days...