Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Why Grannys make Grannie Squares...

I took a bit of a slip late last week, not a fall and nothing that hurt at the time, but there was an injury and it progressed as the day wore on.

A knee injury.  Not one of the big sports type injuries - I am no where near being a sports person!  Just a pull of the muscles that runs along the outside of the leg past the knee.  Very painful to turn the leg, but it is starting to ease a bit after 3 days... 


My bedroom, tv room and general relaxin' room is right where we have our main backyard deck!  So lucky me, got to watch the birds flit between the two different bird feeders we have out there.  It allowed me to watch the clouds chase the sun and the sun burn through the clouds -- the weather has been very changeable the last few days...

Last summer, I spent alot of my spare moments sitting out on the deck using up scrappy bits of yarn.  I made dozens of granny squares, two grocery bags full of the scrappy ones and then another bag full of one colour blocks.  So while my knee and leg and by extention the whole body has been trying to keep still to let the muscles heal, I have been crocheting those grannies all together.

So I haven't been doing a hellofalot but there is something coming along while I spend time healing...
And the thought that occured to me was that if I was a granny, making grannie squares would be a good occupation...  Just so long as my fingers and wrists keep mobile, I will keep on creating these useful home created masterpieces.  Now really who doesn't love a granny square afghan? or shawl? or Pillow? or hey, maybe a skirt??

PS.  I have decided not to continue with the Friday Check This Out, because there doesn't seem to be alot of interests on the part of other blogs to link up... 

Okay, back to connecting those squares -- I'm sure it will be a finished project by week end...