Today, I am not doing that Check this Out Link thing. Seems there is not alot of interest and to be honest, it costs money to use that service, sooooo... I ain't spending money for nuthin'...
But.
This may not be Thanksgiving -- in fact we are at the opposite end of the year for thanksgiving, we are here at the beginning, not the end. Regardlesss, I want to thank all the people who come to visit my blog.
In the background of most blogs there is a visitor counter and the blog owner can either have a separate site keep track of how many people come to visit and read a blog, or the blog host provider -- in my case Blogger, has a Stats page to keep a count of visits and visitors. Some Statistics Counters will tell you just the number of visits. Some will count how often the same visitor comes back. Some counters can tell you where your visitors come from. Some counters can get really complicate and tell you if a visitor has copied or printed anything from the blog. Some professional blog owners want this information because they don't want someone to steal their ideas.
So I recently signed onto a Statistics Counter that tells me how often a particular ip address visits my page and where that ip address comes from sort of... First if you are not sure what an ip address is, it is the address of your "internet provider" and that ip address usually tells an approximate locality. But Don't Worry! I can't tell your home address and I cannot come knock on your door to say "Hey! Glad to meet you, wanna go for coffee?" No I can't do that with your ip address, I can only read the Statistics collected and with my particular counter, I can see if you come to visit me one time or many times over weeks or months; I can see approximately where you originate, mainly your city, but sometimes it may only show me that you come from a area, say like the north of Sweden...
So I thought I would give you a bit of insight into who and how many and from where...
So, Today my first visitor was from Sao Paulo Brazil! Hey! Thanks for Stopping In!!
Yesterday visitors came from
Aukland, New Zealand
Sylva, North Carolina, US
West Layfayette, Indiana, US
Seattle, Washington, US
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Abbotsford, BC Canada -- 18 of you!! So extra thank-you from my home town neighbours!
Surrey, Vernon, Victoria, and Naniamo, BC Canada
Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia Whew! thats along way to come!!
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Athens, Attiki, Greece
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
I get many visitors from other interesting places, with a concentration of visits from Canadian Cities and Towns and Rural Areas... it looks like Ontarians from Ottawa, Thunder Bay, St. Catherines were visiting on Wednesday.
New York, Texas, Washington, Maine, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Minnesota have multiple towns and cities over multiple days.
I love to see my European Visitors come by - there is regular visits from a variety of areas in Germany, Greece, Spain, the United Kingdom, Dominica, Barbados, Turkey!
I am amazed at how far my words can reach! And I am so very thankful that you come to read what I say... Certainly not earth shattering words and probably somewhat boring.
Most of all, though -- Just Plain Thank-you for coming! You may not leave a comment, but I know you came by and I am happy to know that you have...
So I am wishing everyone a Happy Friday! Take it easy, stay outta trouble, and enjoy your day!