Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random

Today, a few little things to post...

Did you know you could knit (if you can knit that is!) The Royal Wedding ?
Check out this article!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8374292/All-you-need-to-recreate-the-Royal-wedding-in-wool.html


Imagine that!  I would think it is getting a bit late to knit the whole 'party' but if you were so inclined you surely might be able to accomplish the bride and groom??
(Thanks to my cousin Judi for that link, we have been having an interesting conversation via email about it!)
 
**********************
Buttons.
 
Buttons on a blog are somewhat different than buttons on a shirt...
Not to sure if I need one but my artistic son has created one for me, for my blog...
 
Here is the graphic that he put together for me...
 
 

The button is not yet functional -- I need to learn how to put a message 'underneath' it so that if you see this somewhere else and you clik on it, it will bring you right here to my blog.   That's what a button does -- it is sort of an advertising feature...

Tho, even as it is, it sure is pretty, eh?

******************

And here is a bit of a project that I have been working on in the last few days.  My friend Doris came upon a stash of upholstry fabrics and passed them along to me.  These are all scrap cuttings from a shop, it seems, some pieces are like 2 yardsin length but only 6 inches wide, then others may be as much as 15 inches wide and 18 inches long.  They are fairly heavy weight fabric but not to heavy for my machine, if not too many layers are sewn together.  This is a simple zippered bag and each is lined with poly cotton retro sheeting.   They are quick to make and I think would be very versatile and yet secure enough to keep things from spilling out. 
So, these are the first few - 6 actually of, I am hoping at least a dozen more and are my "community" project for the next little while.  I am hoping that they will go to my guild's charitable resource and be distributed to the local Woman's shelter.

So, Today is Guild Day and it is time to put all my things together to take along with me...  Last Day to register quilts for our Quilt Show in June...