When you start something new, like a business, people often call it a Venture. My mind does work in mysterious ways and I link things that may or may not be factual -- just a bit of that childhood imagination seems to remain in me, even after all these years of supposedly being a grown up human being!
So a new venture is unfolding in my day to day adventure...
I am now a part of a partnership -- even those two words fit snuggly together don't they? Part of a Partnership and it is! Nothing at all, as yet, to do with sewing or crafting... My friend (and cousin) has been lamenting the gathering of STUFF! Too Much STUFF, in closets, in corners, on shelves in the garage so she suggested an idea that may benefit both of us. For now, EBAY!
So, yesterday I began a new Venture as a vendor on Ebay. I have been a member on ebay for a number of years but have mostly bought things using my Paypal account, but I did sell a quilt and a totebag some years back but did not pursue the selling part further as it can be somewhat time consuming and definately takes a good deal of organizing and scheduling of time!
Lately, I do seem to have time on my hands so this partnership of selling goods from my cousin's corners will be my project for awhile -- at least til she or I run out of things and the shelves and corners and closet nooks become empty and only a bit of dust covers the space.
My living room doesn't look like a place to bring guests and have conversation, tho, all the things now piled on my shelves, instead of my cousins corners and closets may in themselves be topics of conversation! I still have a couple of my own collections to pull out of a closet or two that I can 'sell at auction' too. Ever heard of Egg Coddlers? That's my collection that is itching to find a home that will show them off, instead of sitting in a box in a corner of a closet.
Time to get BUSY!
Oh if you are "into" vintage Fisher Price toys, I would be remiss if I did not point you to my current listings (with many more to come)...
Go to:
http://shop.ebay.ca/quiltcomment/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
And if you are not "into" Fisher Price, you might want to learn what an egg coddler is or maybe you are looking for a clutch purse to carry on Prom Night? Listings are imminent!? sorta...
AND TOMORROW...
the second Check This Out, where you can post a link to your crafty, quilty or just plain interesting blog post....
READERS and LINKERS needed... The goal is to reach 50 links before I have to start paying for the Linky service...