Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Language of Knit

My fingers have been flying this week!  I have been working on a special order and because I really did not consider myself to be confident in my ability to knit, it has been a learning experience.  I have done rows of stitches and then undone those rows. I have tried out two or three versions of what seemed to be what was being requested and then when I got part way I realized, No that's not right either, so undid those rows of knitting.  Well, now the Three Part project is done and I have to say I learned ALOT!

I learned most importantly, how to knit mittens!  They are so very much easier than i though -- even though it took me about 5 tries to really understand what the instructions were trying to tell me!  Well, now I think I am becoming adept at the language of knitting.  I do feel that I am wholy bi-lingual when it comes to the language of quilting and pretty close to understanding the 3 or 4 different dialects of crochet and now, well on my way, to being able to read KNIT...




I wish I had a "little one" to try on the hat, scarf, and mitts set, but for now, the styrofoam head will have to suffice...

It is kind of nice that when you set out to accomplish something, it works out to everyone's satisfaction!

I may have to title this winter season, the Winter of Knit One Purl One...

SOMETHING NEW TOMORROW!

There is this cool thing, called a Linky Tool.  
I am planning to post a regular Link -up for my readers each Friday.
so come back tomorrow to either see who and what interesting blogs will be posted here!

A couple of Rules (even though I really dislike RULES)
please make you link craft related, which includes recipes!
And if you post a link, drop by someone elses link and leave a comment there.
Thanks!