Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

UnSewing an UnSightly Error and an Announcement.

Sometimes things just don't work out. Sometimes they are just so totally wrong that the only recourse is to RIP_IT!
So thats what I did...

I came across some already cut cute little squares of fabric, at the second hand store. They just had to be made into something excessively cute. Except I wasn't thinking clearly. For some strange reason the colours in a couple of pieces of sunflower fabric, one with a light background, and one with a black background were just the right colour combo's to coordinate with the little squares of duckies...  Turns out coordination is not what was called for, in this case!   NO!
 Definately not.
After piecing a few squares with the duckies and sunflowers you can see how such sweet things can go so horribly wrong!!
I am glad I could see the error of my ways early in the project, even so, it was at least an hour sewing and another hour un sewing and now I am mulling over in my head -- hopefully a bit more careful thought will be applied when embarking on making something CUTE out of the fussy cut ducky squares!



And Now For An Announcement!!
I am planning to make Tuesdays each week a THEME day. As some of my readers know i wrote a column for The Canadian Quilter Magazine, as Miss Snips Notebook. So, I am sort of missing that writing with a particular purpose, so Starting this Tuesday, I will be concentrating on Tips for Tuesdays. I hope you come by to check out short cuts and simple methods or ideas to make your quilt making easier, maybe quicker and perhaps more accurate.

Posted by Picasa