“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
Thursday, February 4, 2010
My Favourite Smell
My Favourite Smell is when I open the door to my sewing room and the fabric and tools and furniture and books smell wafts over me. My sewing room smells like no other room in the house. No one goes in there but me and rarely one of the cats wanders in for a visit. No one but me stays in the room for longer than a few minutes. The whole rest of the house smells different than my sewing room. The kitchen smells like dishwasher detergent or onions or garlic or pizza, the bedrooms, well they often smell like stinky feet and dusty corners. The living room smells like the latest fragrance candle. The sewing room just plain smells nice, subtle and clean, fresh and I like to think, it smells like me... I love my sewing room smell... It would be great if some fragrance scientist would come to my house and smell that smell and create a room freshener with the sewing room smell...