This UFO challenge with my online quilt group - RBQ is very inspiring and motivating and I am getting things done! This is the largest quilt that I have made completely on my own, no paying for long arm quilting and no trading blocks and not even trading fabric. Every piece of fabric was from my stash. I generally cut the leftovers from other projects into squares and this is a result of a thousand or so 2 1/2 inch squares and 5" squares turned into half square triangles. Black inside 'stopper' border and light value 2 1/2 inch squares pieced to make the outside border with black binding... The back of the quilt is pieced with an overabundance of brown and browny greens that have been in my stash too long.
As you might see the quilt is quilted in simple straight lines, 4 inches apart -- I am thinking of adding a few more lines of quilting but that is just "thinking of" and not really needed on this quilt as the batting is a medium weight poly batting and should hold up quite well just the way it is...
I started this one in late spring 2008, when I was recovering from my major illness earlier in that year and was feeling a kind of restlessness and a worry that if I died, who would finish piecing all those scraps? Ever had that kind of thought hanging over you? It sure gets you going to sort and clean and finish, then the feeling subsides and you go back to the normal procrastinating self...
And The Cat, Archie, I am not sure if he is inspecting the quilt or wondering why this quilt is covering his view out the back patio doors of the two bird feeders, which to him are infinately entertaining...
