Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gratuitous Cat Photo and what I made today...

May as well start off with a picture of my cats -- we recently bought a couple of new recliners and it seems now we bought them for the cats. Fossie on the left is our old lady, approaching 12 in October and Archie on the right is an inbred (his mother is his sister) (not my doing!) siamese who is just turned 3 years old on July 1. The only time they lay together is to share the new recliner -- Archie sleeps on top of me all night and Fossie prowls about the house chasing the ghosts...
Now to a more serious subject -- ORGANIZATION. We have too much stuff, we keep getting more stuff -- I really try, believe me, I really try hard not to bring useless stuff into the house, but in todays world, even having the basics means you have too much stuff...
I made an organizer basket for all the bathroom stuff, that seems to always be falling off the shelf by the sink (the room is one of those half bath type set ups where it is just a toilet and sink -- but it is the room that most gets used for washing up and doing the teethes things, so it has alot of those small odd bits in that room. The organizer is a plastic tub that deli potato salad came it, about the same size as a 907 gr margarine tub except a bit deeper, so things stand up just a bit better...
Yesterday, on a blog, sorry can't remember where, I saw a small bag (oh, it might even have been on etsy) with pencils in it, I wanted the same general shape but again on the subject of organizing, I wanted one place to put all my crochet hooks and then hang them on a hook by my recliner (where a cat or two may be resting). So not quite being able to find that blog, I did a bit of guess work and a bit of measuring to make sure it was long enough for the crochet hooks, and "voila" I now have a place for all my hooks -- unless I carry one or two to a different place and loose them in some of the other STUFF in this house...

What I Learned today: there is actually a punctuation mark that combines the "?" and the "!" -- except I forgot what it is called...
Posted by Picasa