Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Away for awhile

I shoulda said before -- I am on a bit of a holiday -- well, sort of my dream holiday. I am in search of big things! Maybe you have seen or heard of them -- towns in Canada tend to build a 'symbol' for the town, usually something odd... A giant hockey stick in Duncan BC, a giant perogy in Glenmore, AB, a giant goose, and others that I can't think of right now. I am off to discover them -- except the giant hockey stick, because I did see it years ago when I lived on Vancouver Island, so I don't need to do that again, but going east from Abbotsford, there are alot more of them!

And quilt shops, I must make a list of them -- along the towns on the Yellowhead Highway as that is the east bound route I plan -- and thrift shops, with no particular items in mind, I will hopefully not find too many treasures as the car is only a bitty one...

So, when I return, sometime in September I will get back to regular posts and perhaps have some pictures of giant things to show you...