Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

computer glitches and a funny thing happened while walking in the mall...

I woulda posted a few things in the past week or so, but the new computer -- with Windows Vista, encountered a glitch -- so it was with the techie guy -- now supposedly it is cured and I am back online writing about odd things...


So today, hubby and myself went to the food court at the mall for a bite to eat -- yes we eat at junk food joints -- not too often, but often enough so that when we go, the lady at Thaiway remembers me! so obviously we go too often -- which may actually be only once each month, but maybe she has a good memory!

So after having our bite to eat we took a walk around the Mall, not to shop but to get me a bit of exercise. We noticed a new kiosk in the centre courtyard area that had sunglasses for $15 any pair and since hubby had recently managed to break his and was using mine, I stopped and picked out a pair for him -- he liked them. Then I asked the girl if she had the night low glare type shades and she did, so I got hubby a pair of those too. With tax, $35 bucks.... Then I told my hubby to pay for them and he said "I thought you were buying them for me?" and I answered, "No cause he was the one with the paycheck, not me. And besides if his wife saw the new sunglasses she might wonder how he got them." Then the poor clerk stepped right into the trap!
She said "Oh, you two look like a long married couple!" And I answered "Ha, I am just the girlfriend" ahahahaha,
I sure am funny some days!

What I learned today: I sure do like talking to people I don't know -- you can say anything about anybody at anytime and they will believe you!