Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Work in Progress -- Postage Stamp Quilt

Just a quick update on the progress of my Postage stamp Quilt.

I bought some fabric!  The purchase of fabric has really become a rarity around here.  It took a fair amount of thought as to colour choice of fabric for the postage stamp quilt.  I definately needed something that would give the impression of "age".  This was not intended to be a MODERN quilt.

My aunt who I am trying to emulate, somewhat with this quilt, used a soft pinky peach as her sashings, but that sort of thing is not my 'cuppa tea'...

As I usually do tho when I saw a fabric that I felt was right, I just went ahead and bought it, even tho I was thinking I should have been carrying some of the postage stamp blocks with me to see how they 'fit' with this colour...

I am wondering if the sashing might be just a little bit dark?  But then I look at it and say "Yes, it does look older than it is!"


At this point the quilt is still in the building stages.   This is 16 of the postage stamp blocks (each is 7.5 inches square) which makes this center area about 38 inches square.  So now the plan is more postage stamps in 4 wide strips on each side -- that makes 100 postage stamps on each side, then again a narrow strip of the grey brown sashing and 'corner stone' postage stamp blocks;  beyond that I haven't planned the effect or what happens with the postage stamp blocks or how to arrange them...  Are you keeping track of how many "postage stamps" there are?

As is usual tho, Walter must poke his little face in to inspect the progress!


Linking up today with the Needle and Thread Network to see what other textile bloggers are playing around with this week!