Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Successful Copies

Not all of us create original art.  Even tho I consider myself to be a bit of an artist, I still come across alot of things that I create copies of...

The first best copies I made, of course were my sons! The elder is a copy of myself, only better and the younger is a copy of his father, definately better!

Now having said that, I did not ever intend to further improve on those copies by attempting any more of them!



And back to artful copies...

One of my favourite blogs is le monde sucrette.  She creates marvelously bright and cheerful crochet things.  Everything you might think can be crocheted and more...  A week or so ago, I was reading her blog and in the background a granny square covered tissue box caught my eye...  So, I copied it! Not exactly, different colour choice, I am quite happy with the copy, and it was EASY...  I never thought to cover a tissue box with a granny square.

 
Heres the photo blog post that I found the granny crochet covered tissue box.... http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/2013/07/17/a-new-addiction-called-amineko/
 
You will have to look thro her photos to find it and compare to my version...
 
And my third copy is an accidental copy, what they call a happy accident!  My neighbour was a bit ahead of me with planting her container garden (we don't have actual gardens so we have to put the growing things in to big planter type pots)...
We must have gone to the same place to purchase our starter tomatoes, because we both chose Roma tomato -- and they (hers and mine) are doing spectacular!!
Sometimes when I buy starter plants I wonder if it is worth paying the price for a couple of 'fruit' that would have been cheaper to buy in the store!  But then of course, the growing and nurturing is a big part of the satisfaction of planting things!
 
 My Roma Tomatoes


 
My Neighbours Roma Tomatoes
 
Her's are just a bit ahead of mine -- I think she has a  much greener thumb than I do, because she has a windfall of pink petunias that look spectacular on her deck...
 
 
But then, I have strawberries! And even tho I don't get enough for a bowlful of berries every day, I do get enough to slice up and put on my morning cereal...  Tomorrow's berries are almost ready for their morning milk and cereal...
 
 
Making copies, I think is just as satisfying as creating original work, don't you think?  Not all of us are innovators!
 
Have a wonderfully satisfying day, enjoying your particular favourite copy of something!