Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yard Sale Saturday!

Its been awhile since I was out in the neighbourhoods looking for yard sale deals... Not that I really need more stuff, but well yeah, I need more stuff...

I really only spent my money at one church yard sale and got a few things that will definately come in handy...


Wooden Alphabet Blocks -- I don't know why, I have no young people around me -- so these are either destined for something crafty that I have not thought of YET, or perhaps into the Etsy Store...


Lovely, Lovely, Lovely!  Again, I am not sure what these are for, but I do have in mind using them to embellish a zipper pouch or bag.  A lovely patient teen, I am told put in the time to make these up in a variety of sizes and colours and I am so thankful for that effort.  I love fabric Yo-Yo's!  Don't you?


And some interesting bits of fabric, that I am not sure what use they will be put too, but cute and bright and sure to be used for a interesting project...


And the best buy of the day!  And the best work saving project.  I was thinking that I need a bench or two to set my container garden plants on this summer and the church yard sale had this bench and a mate to it.  This is not how or even actually where the bench will be in my 'scheme of things' for my yard but these benches were only 2 bucks and they saved me a whole bunch of work!  I was thinking of finding some used pallets and re using them after taking them apart to make rough benches, and that would have taken hours and hours.  These pretty little benches are just about right and already painted a gorgeous yellow...  Hours of work SAVED!

Yard sales are so addictive, but at least they are not too, too expensive!  I did see a used Coach purse and was tempted and thought about it a bit too long because when I turned back to pick it up another lady was already paying for it... I guess I will just have to wait longer to be an owner of a COACH bag...