“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Back to Everyday Life
Whew, I am so glad that the Christmas mayhem is finished for 2009, and now (already?) head into Christmas 2010 -- mind you, there is alot of stuff that happens well before then. Especially is the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver -- which is only about 60 kms west of my house. All or rather most of my life, I have watched Olympic Games on TV, when they were in Calgary in 1988, I had hoped for an opportunity to go then, but that didn't work out -- and now, they are so very close but the 'lottery' for tickets to various events did not smile kindly on me... So again, even next door, and I have to watch the luge, the figure skating and the skiing events on TV...
I have started a new small project, I guess it will be a baby shawl with frilly lacy borders on it after the main central area is completed. It is a pretty basic stitch combination, a row of double crochet alternating with a row of X double crochet, which as you can see makes an interesting design. I am using Bernat Baby Soft - and I hope I have enough of it... I am also processing (in my head) a granny square afghan, but I am wanting to use bright colours so collecting them will take a bit of time, which means that project will probably be stuck in my head for quite some time yet!
Hope you are enjoying this new year so far and that it has had a good start!
