How desperate one becomes when it seems to be impossible to sew! I took or maybe the word is THREW some of the stuff from my fallen down shelves into a pile, made space to roll on my chair between the sewing maching and the ironing board and did some SEWING..
.
First what some many call mindless sewing -- though it is something I saw on another blog at least a year ago, and a member of my quilt guild brought an example she tried out. Sewing together dozens of pieces of the strips of selvege that gets cut off the fabric yardage. I sewed my strips onto some non fusible light interfacing that I had in one of those shoeboxes of stuff that fell down with the shelves -- that was handy, it was a box that was right at the top of the pile!
It takes a long time to sew those strips together, so once I figured I understood the concept and could see how my fabric selvedges looked, lined up all together in one piece, I stopped. The piece of fabric that I created from those bits, was enough to make a journal cover... I have a thing for those blank books in the dollar stores, this one turned out quite nice, I thought so anyway. Now, another thing to give or keep, depending on need at the time...
.
First what some many call mindless sewing -- though it is something I saw on another blog at least a year ago, and a member of my quilt guild brought an example she tried out. Sewing together dozens of pieces of the strips of selvege that gets cut off the fabric yardage. I sewed my strips onto some non fusible light interfacing that I had in one of those shoeboxes of stuff that fell down with the shelves -- that was handy, it was a box that was right at the top of the pile!
It takes a long time to sew those strips together, so once I figured I understood the concept and could see how my fabric selvedges looked, lined up all together in one piece, I stopped. The piece of fabric that I created from those bits, was enough to make a journal cover... I have a thing for those blank books in the dollar stores, this one turned out quite nice, I thought so anyway. Now, another thing to give or keep, depending on need at the time...
Now having not quite managed to wear out my sewing urge, I decided that perhaps I could use a new cosmetic bag -- I don't even wear make-up (never did like the feel of foundation and powder) but my "cosmetic bag" will hold some asprins and toothpaste and brush and other little necesessities when we go on our little 2 or 3 day adventures around BC or perhaps slightly further adventures into the rolling hills of Alberta.
My little cosmetic bag is about 8" deep by 7" wide, I want to find some sort of 'pull' to attach to the zipper, yet.
What I learned today: Try never to deny your urges, they just get stronger...
My cousin sent me a link to Fly Lady (you heard of her, right?) because she thinks it will help me to organize my sewing room.... Hmm, not sure how having a clean sink will help me with the caved in closet shelves, but thank-you anyway. Maybe I will be nice to my husband, and show him how nice a sink looks when it shines -- will he take the hint and shine the sink? Bets?
