Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Gearing Up and Going On

Susan Being Snippy is in the process of Evolving.   I haven't been writing on the blog for awhile because my focus has just not been "in focus".

I am lucky enough to work at home -- I don't even really call it work...

I pick my time, I decide how much I want to do, and I decide if my daily chore is as the warehouseman, the marketing agent, the administrative manager or the head of the accounting department!  There are lots of jobs to do but if I want to go out and get groceries I can ignore my "work" and wander off on some other adventure.

My Warehouse with all its inventory is housed in my HOUSE, in the living room actually, on the right side of my computer desk and file cabinate.  On the left side is my shipping 'room' .  My laser printer pops out the orders and the table (an old drafting table I got at the 2nd hand store) serves as the shipping and packing desk.


Some of the things in my "warehouse" are under consideration...  I have dozens of wooden thread spools and I do need to decide if I am going to list them on the store or if I can maybe find a project or two that will make use of them...   It is a project that sits at the back of my mind, so alot of other things tend to get ahead of it but eventually something will motivate me to make a decision


Some of the interesting things about operating an online store is first that it gives me an ongoing project now that I am officially retired.   I don't HAVE to give hours to somebody else who really doesn't want to pay me for my time, but legally has to...   I work for myself and for the people who are interested in the products that I can provide them.
I really enjoy hunting up items that I can offer for a really good price that are otherwise hard to find or unusual.

Now if you are into Vintage Fashion or need to create a 1930's outfit for say a stage play for your teenagers high school production, Look what I found!  This is a reproduction pattern of a 1938 design.   This pattern is complete and unused and would you believe Vogue patterns have a "Suggested Retail Price" of $33 on it!   REALLY!!  Do you want to pay more for that pattern than what the fabric would cost?  NO, of course you don't, and especially if you only make it one time!
But, HEY!  I found the pattern in like new condition and at a price that I can make a bit of profit on it...
NOW you gotta realize, my shop has a policy to sell almost all patterns for $5.00 each (that's US FUNDS) plus postage. So, now doesn't my pricing make a pattern worth taking a look at?

So, this is what my blog is about now.  The things that I find that you might have a use for that is unique or at a good price -- even when you add in the cost of shipping.
AND I will even suggest other ETSY shops that I find with interesting things to check out...

Ever heard of fairy doors?  Got a big tree in your yard that just seems to need a bit of Whimsy?   Check out this shop for an interesting feature for your yard -- the kids will create their own stories of who comes and goes in and out of that door....

Stop and Visit now and then and hopefully I will find something you will find interesting or something that will send you off looking through some of the wonderful shops on Etsy.com.