Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

WAY BACK MACHINE...

A few years ago, it was up to me to sort through, clean up and get ready for sale my Mother's house.  At the time, there was so much to do and I was also dealing with a illness that hospitalized me for a few weeks.  So to make sure I didn't miss anything, much of the stuff was packed up into boxes for proper perusal at a later time.

So, recently, I found some greeting cards in one of the boxes that my grandmother sent to my father when he was still in school, or as a young man.  My father was living with his grandparents on a farm and his mother (in those days a single mother was quite osterized!) worked in the city.

These cards were sent somewhere between about 1930 to 1950...



 
the Christmas card above is actually a postcard.



They are in great condition for greetings sent in a whole different kind of world!
 
I like that they are signed by my grandmother and when I see her writing I remember all the cards she sent to me over the years -- but unlike my Dad, I did not put those cards away and save them.
 
Warm Memories...