The Done One is the pillow from a t-shirt project that I have had in my sewing room for at least 6 weeks and I kept studying it and thinking on it -- I was unusually determined to make it Perfectly Right so I did alot of thinking on it and making those little decisions about a project that can make a huge difference. One decision was to go and buy the inside 'rope' that you get to make a cording around the edge of a cushion. It was a bit more difficult to work with because of its stiffness, (as compared to my created cord of crochet cotton yarn) but I am really glad I made that choice because it gives a better definition to the edge of the cushion. Another decision I made was to use two layers of fusible interfacing on the t-shirt so that it would hold it straight and firm -- and that was a good decision too, because this t-shirt has been worn and was slightly stretched at the lower front and had a teeny tiny hole in the fabric!
Now, working my way back, to the projects that are closest to being done...
They all are actually in the just beginning stages but some are much more 'ongoing' than others.
I am still enarmoured of the 'Many Trips Around the World" quilts and so have been working on blocks to create another quilt top to donate to my guild's charitable quilts program. Even tho I took the time to sort through the two shoe boxes of 3.5 inch squares for just the pinks and greens, there is probably still alot of pink and green squares, so I am thinking that I will do a narrow dark green border on this and then randomly add pink and green squares to create an outside border. This will make it a nice size quilt for a twin bed....
And of course I almost always have something growing with yarn and the crochet hook -- a granny square/ round motif afghan.
I saw, on Pinterest -- actually my cousin Judi sent me the link - an afghan made of very colourful circles surrounded by white - It has been preying on my mind now for weeks! In fact in a previous post on this blog I complained how difficult it is to find bright clear yarn colours here in BC.... So I grabbed the opportunity to go with another cousin, Cindy down to Bellingham, WA last week and was able to pick up some brighter colours than are found around home...
I was thinking that I would use a cream as the background/connecting colour but now I see two blocks put together, the cream "muddies" up the brights, so I am going to change that to white, before it progresses any further...
Still to add to this pile of part dones are pink and red, and pink and burgundy, lavender and purple and light and dark blue.
And there are things that are barely off the "drawing board"! Both of these projects are drawn by me on scraps of paper and are from a couple of other Blogs on the internet. The first is a Woven Square Quilt Block - and handily it uses 3.5 inch squares and 3.5 x 6.5 inch rectangles and is on Sew Happy Geek from way back in January 2012 (click on the underlined bit and it will take you directly to a tutorial of this block) I am just doing the Woven Squares, not the whole sampler style project, tho.
And the other Work in Progress is still on Paper, nothing cut and no fabrics chosen but it is one of those that will wiggle its way into my head and I will have to do at least a few blocks just to see how it works! It too comes from a blog post more than 6 months old which is at What Comes Next and it too is a tutorial which makes it so easy to get done that much sooner since I won't have to figure out measurements, etc. AND What Comes Next is practically my Neighbour, just west of me in New Westminster, BC! So check out this idea and perhaps try it out for yourself!
There is just no end to what is happening around this house!
I would include a photo or two of the Forsythia and the Daffodils beginning to bloom here in the Fraser Valley, but my Niece in Winnipeg, Manitoba is fed up with my bragging about the beautiful weather here while the snow blows and everyones toes are getting frosty still... Soon Winnipeg, soon the green grass and mosquito hordes will be upon you! hahaha...