For a Leather IPad case?
Some time ago, I bought a leather skirt at a thrift shop and took the panels apart. The skirt cost me a shocking $7! And yes it is real leather, not a man made material that imitates leather... Now a bit of that lovely skirt, is partially remade into an ipad case.
And.
So simple to make! I did buy a pack of Leather needles to use in the sewing machine so that was $6 but of course there was 5 needles and I can use them again and again. I simply measured the size of the ipad and added an inch all around. I cut the two squares of leather and then using heavy duty Heat n Bond, fused flannel squares cut to the same size as the leather for the inside 'lining'. I then sewed around three sides, made a leather overflap and added a decorative bit of fabric on the edge, then a button to close the flap and VOILA`!! I have a Ipad case...
Took me about 30 minutes including sewing on the button...
There is still alot of leather to be used from that skirt -- I'm gonna have to think up things that want to be made in leather.