Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Other Life

I have been neglecting the sewing machine (but I did get the sewing room sorted out!).  I think many people find winter the time to spend time sewing, creating quilts or knitting sweaters and crocheting scarves...

Me?  I actually like to sew in summer...

But what do I do in the Dead of Winter...

 
Downton Abbey, a touch of culture... 
 
I watch TV and that includes videos from my past favourite TV series too...

 
Lonesome Dove -- I have an urge to watch the majorly long TV mini series from about 10 years ago... maybe 15 years ago then I watch the subsequent movies on the Lonesome Dove theme -- never did get into the regular TV series tho...

 
OH, and Deadwood,  three seasons worth of Sweringen talking a blue streak and wonderfully low language!  Words I would never dare say in my real life, but GEE, he makes swearing sound like music!
 
 
Oh My, The Walking Dead another one with incredible violence!  I don't know what draws me, to this one, but I sit on the edge of my chair, the tension as they say, makes the air so thick you could cut it with a knife...  One of the episodes in the first part of the season had me so intent, I actually slid off my chair and plopped down on the floor!

Now I don't watch all mayhem and violence... (or do I?)

Did you know, that all the episodes of the TV show Law and Order would not have passed the television ratings standards before 1981?  Do they seem tame to you now?



I do have projects that I could be sewing, or crocheting, or knitting but it seems January and February is my time to visit a different world...  And not to forget, the great old movie classics that I tend to put into the player on quiet afternoons,   Natalie Wood and Robert Redford in This Property is Condemned (you never get to see this one on regular tv) Kate Hepburn's Alice Adams (I love how she plays so soft but is the driving force in her family!)  Burt Lancaster in The Rainmaker-- oh the way he moves, pure sexual male animal, that one!

Is there motion pictures or television mini series that you just cannot resist and come back to over and over and over?

Next week, I will try to get some sewing or crocheting done and get back to the real world -- that is unless I get myself into a Jimmy Stewart or a Cary Grant marathon!!