We stayed at one of the newest hotels, The Vdara. Luxurious Comfort and Fabulous style!
Our first night we went to see the Beatles Love - cirque du soliel. I was so amazed and enthralled my eyes did not know what to watch at any given moment. The agility and athletics of the performers was stunning! Seeing cirque du soliel on tv is no indication of what one experiences in a live performance!
I so enjoyed myself!
Everything was bigger than life, even a Gelato Shop at the Bellagio had a marshmallow train that if real one could get in and go for a ride.
The newest shopping experience - The Crystals - in Vegas was a dream come true for a person looking to renew their wardrobe -- I spent nothing, but looked at shoes in Stella McCartneys store and diamonds at Tiffany & Co.
I did not stick to the Vegas strip, I wanted to see what the surrounding landscape was like, so booked a bus tour to Hoover Dam. Gee, it was hot out there! The landscape and hills, where like watching one of John Wayne's western movies. The cactus, and few flowers, the flat salt plains, and the high hard red rocks. I loved it all and dreamed of visiting that house up top of that hill...
The Hoover Dam tho impressive was the destination of the bus tour but being somewhat of a nature feind, I enjoyed most the ride to and from the dam, and was not so enarmoured of the engineering feat that the dam was to so many others... I liked the weeds and the rocks!
One special meal, now and then -- yum, yum, yum! at a Food Network Celebrity's restaurant in the Bellagio, where I was served a wonderful 'comfort' food meal -- meatloaf and mashed potatoes that were just fabulous along with a glass of Zinfandahl wine...
What a special week that was!