Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Some things are not quite worth the effort!

Well, in this case, this is my first try at making a little change purse that I saw on another website, Craft Passion.   The purse, change purse actually should look like those on the site,


The one I did is not nearly so pretty or even so well made as those you see in the photo above.

A rush.  I was in a rush to see how it would come together and didn't bother with being neat.


Plus, I used an old, not quite good condition zipper (the ends were trimmed and threads still were on the zipper from whatever previous garment it was used in)  It was not a pretty zipper.  AND the zipper pull was all chipped and worn.


 

If Craft Passion's little change purses intrique you, (certainly don't be influenced by my half-assed effort here!) there is a tutorial and perhaps you will more carefully follow the directions than  I did....  I do know what I did wrong, it was the last step, 'to balance'.   I will think on going back and undoing the last section of stitching to put the change purse right.  Re stitching a few inches will be easier than making a whole 'nother one.

I don't think I will start a production line of making these, even tho they have that cuteness factor!  One is all I need for now.  All in all tho, it is an interesting concept and if you make one, everyone who sees you with it will ask you about it I am sure!

Here is the link to the craft passion tutorial for these change purses...
http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/07/zip-itself-coin-purse-tutorial.html