Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas in the Neighbourhood

I bought a camera a couple months back, a point and shoot as they are called, but this one has a 14x zoom and a few other features that makes it where I feel pretty good about most of my photos.  I am far from a pro when it comes to picture taking, but over the years I have picked up a few useful tips, I think...
Every year we go through our neighbourhood and say "Wouldn't it be nice to have all these colours and designs up all the time?"  Well, finally I am able to capture them.  Mind you I have taken at least a hundred night time photos in the last couple of weeks as my neighbours put up and turn on their christmas displays...


As I get older, I have discovered that I most appreciate the gift of these lights around town, more than most any other presents given to me!  There are so few things that I need any more so this wonderment of lights and colour and design is special to my eyes...

Some are purchased forms or those air filled statues, some are lights on the trees and shrubs, some are the talented owners own creations.  All are amazing and wonderful to see...