Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life Used to be so Hard...

Just a line from a song...

I know I have not been posting very much lately and it is because it seems my morning  routine has changed somewhat.  I generally write best first thing in the morning.  For some reason I have started to sleep later and my early morning writing time has suffered...

I did not move this morning til almost 10 am!  My bed was just so very warm, and extremely cozy and I did not want to move because my cat Archie was laying snuggled beside me.  The peace and the warmth and the comfort was just something that anyone is reluctant to give up, I would think...

So I layed in bed and thought about little things and some big things and some things that have been puzzling me this past week...

I have been wrestling with government forms online....  The way things are done and the way instructions are worded can be quite confusing.   I have mostly muddled through...

Now after I finally did get my body to move and break the peace and comfort of the morning, I put on my shoes and my sweater and went outside in my little backyard and photographed some of the birds who are gorging themselves on my generous supply of black sunflower seeds...


This one -- a woodpecker type (I an not one to look up species or official names) is way too big for this feeder, but he/she has been around a few times and works very hard to get a hold on the edge and snatch a few seeds...  There are actually a pair, but only one ever seems to manage the trick on holding on...


A very frequent visitor all summer long. But doesn't stay through the winter, so I suspect he is filling up for a flight south...


I think these are both chickadees, tho I am not sure if  they are the same variety...


again one on the feeder and one on the fence and if you look close, the ghost of one in flight...


this is the crowd scene, two on the fence one on the bracket and one on the feeder, and invisible another 4 or 5 just above in the branch of the cedar tree.


I and Walter (the cat) and Archie (the boss cat) and Pearl (the dog) spend long minutes everyday watching these and a few other birds visiting our little safe environment (the cats never go outside and the birds have no idea they are being watched and meowed at! and dreams of feather plucking going on in little kitty heads)


Now, back to my Lazy Sunday Afternoon.... Watching birds, petting cats, thinking about what to make for dinner... Pork Chops?  Yes, that sounds fine...

I'll try to get back into the habit of writing -- it has been a bit of a lull, but we all have those don't we?