I have always been an early riser, even when I worked late nights in the hospitality industry in my younger years. My Dad used to say I was a Natural Farmer -- except that I would not want to go milk cows or feed chickens at 5am -- but I do revel in the humm of my sewing machine...
I am pretty good at making triangles so I have been making half square triangles and putting together traditional nine patch blocks such as shoe fly, churn dash and basic nine patch blocks and putting them into my etsy store
I have sold a few sets of blocks but I am not sure if the purchasers want them because I am using vintage sheets and pillow case fabric or if they want them because they have those half square triangles. So I am thinking I will whip a few sets next week with modern fabrics and see if there is a niche for premade blocks that have the triangles already sewn or maybe it is just the older fabric...
And going with current trends, the idea of the MUG RUG, some crochet mug mats or larger sized coasters, quick to whip up while watching SURVIVOR or THE MENTALIST, when my morning energy is spent and my bottom prefers to set down in one place but my fingers don't mind being somewhat active...
And this morning, I made a tote bag.
A few years back my husband's sister-in-law gave him a bedroom set (single bed throw and drapes) that was made from Vintage CFL (Canadian Football League) Logo fabric. This fabric is now taken apart and is becoming a variety of tote bags featuring each team on each bag. They are not yet listed in the store as I am hoping to get a few made and list them all at once.
Before Football Season here in Canada begins -- June I think...
and more Mug Rugs, these with hockey themed fabric -- a sheet actually. Thrifted from value Village. Some of the sheet was too worn so the edges and ends I cut into strips and strip pieced onto batting, these too are not yet in the store -- in a few days I think...
And Last a photo of our Pearl, coming up on her first birthday at the end of March and is just looking so very handsome...
And begining to grow out of the puppyness, but still a whole lot more energy than I should have ever even considered -- my she is FAST...