Its not about sewing, its not about quiltmaking, and its not about crochet anymore.
Its just about life and progress and just about things as they come along.
I have been working a bit more on Family History and have got alot of help with my husband's family from one of his cousins from Winnipeg.
The above photo is my husbands grandfather (in uniform, just before going to serve in europe in WW1) John Frederick, and Wife Elizabeth Jane, with their 6 children, the boy with his hand on his father's knee is my husbands father, John Richard.
I have been doing family history research for quite a few years now and with so many records coming online and being digitized research is becoming easier to find and follow.
I have also discovered much more on my own father's family history and am in regular contact with a cousin who is the son of one of my Dad's half brothers -- you see my Dad was born out of wedlock, and in 1920 that was quite a terrible thing. Now in today's more enlightened world, we are able to acknowledge and have even proved through DNA testing who my Dad's father truely was and his family history has opened up like a time lapse flower blooming!
It is so interesting to discover the people who populated my past and the world they came from!
More long ago family on my Dad's side (John Merry). The young man in the centre of the photo with suit and tie on, is my father's father. And by the stories I have heard recently, he was quite the rascal!
Planning more blog posts hopefully on at least a weekly basis, but if you followed me because of my quiltmaking, I think those subjects will be few and very far between...

