Well, in the process, I pulled a muscle in my back --nothing serious -- just a bit of tightness, but it became a bit difficult to sit at the sewing machine --- maybe it was even working at the sewing machine that caused the 'pull'.
So for the last few days I haven't been sitting at the sewing machine, hunched over (not really hunched) making things but instead sitting in my recliner making some more crochet snowflakes from the book I mentioned a month or so ago called 100 Snowflakes
In the last two days I have managed to crochet 14 of these little treats! I am thinking I might put some of them into my etsy shop, once I have got them blocked and stiffened...
For a few of these snowflakes from the book, I have actually been 'elaborating' on the designs and creating a few of my own variations!
I haven't shown any of my very own versions here, but basically I have adjusted a few of the designs from the book that are 6 pointed stars to either 5 pointed stars or even a few 8 pointed stars...
Being my own designer is quite the process, tho in a couple of cases, my written instruction was not so clear, even to myself, so to make a second one, I will have to look at the original to make a second one! If I get the writing instruction straightened out I'm sure I would find my own designs easier to understand!
And since he has not appeared for awhile on the blog here is a peek at WALTER, peeking at birds that are sitting on the roof of the townhouse across from ours...
Linking up today with the Needle and Thread Network...
and Freshly Pieced (see the button on the side bar to link back)