I am going to the Old Home Town for a visit...
I know there is not quite this pile of snow but, gee, snow is the most common theme in a city like Winnipeg, and thats how I seem to remember everything there...
Perhaps this is more appropriate to the season... Yes, that's me in the blue hair, which is actually a mop head attachement for an industrial size mop -- my husband worked at the time for a company that supplied all sorts of cleaning stuff and the mop head was borrowed for halloween night, I think 1980. We did have fun!
And there's the old neighbourhood and the kids waiting for the school bus. We lived in a brand new development and every 3rd or 4th house a repeat, in colour and floor plan. My brother called it Baby City cause everyone on the street seemed to have a child under age two! It was a great place to grow your kids. A playground around the corner, and a dead end street, so the traffic was mainly just those who lived there -- but now the street has been put through and is a main access to a large residential section.
Lots of other things to see, but mostly people to visit. The place itself is not so important anymore, my home is here, but the people still in Winnipeg and surrounding areas are mostly the people I really, really like and don't get to see so often!
So I am gone now for a bit over a week, til November 3 or 4... See you back here again, then.


