There has not been much sewing going on so I don't have any in progress pictures. I have been trying my damnedest to get to making something using the sewing machine, but it seems there is nothing that is particularly inspiring (well, except for a quilt called the firewood quilt on another blog) But the effort preventing the start of that project is, is that I have two already layered quilts that need quilting, and I am trying to keep my "in progress" projects to a minimum. The other in progress project is my christmas list -- in the past few years I have kept christmas giving to a minimum partly because of finances and partly because of a growing disillusionment with the consumerism of gift giving -- the wal-marts of the world with their slogans at christmas encouraging you to buy just a little bit more, or you deserve more... Or even save on this so that you can spend more on that... Anyway, I still don't plan to do much in the way of shopping come Christmas, but I am already working on hand crafted gifts -- if I bought what I am making it would cost near to $60 for each person who I am doing these gifts for, but this way, it costs much less in actual money but much more -- about 4 to 5 hours of my time.
I bought wonderful little dresses last year for my four great-nieces, but this year I am going to make (I hope) dresses for them. I did get the fabric and the patterns, but like I say, I still have to get some other inprogress projects completed first... Whew!
Now not only is there sewing "on my plate" as the clique goes, but things working inside my head too. I had a dream last night that I signed up for some classes! Then in the dream, I WALKED to the school - forgot to bring some paperwork with me so WALKED home then WALKED back to the school to finish my registration for the classes! Now if you know me, I have not been very stable on my feet for most of this year due to health issues --- I wonder if this dream is not just about being inclined to take on something new, but that I will be ABLE to take on this something! I do believe my natural inclination to optimism has begun to take over the past few months of almost depression...