Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

A few things to catch up on....

Not that anyone would much care what I have been doing, unless of course my name was one that was recognizable to the media for doing nothing but showing a nice rounded bum or saying dumb political things...

But I am writing them anyway, not dumb political things, tho.

Just my bit of life in my corner of this little green ball out in the middle of a galaxy or whatever you want to call where we are situated...


Of course in this family our pets are certainly an important part of sharing in our daily life.   Walter, who just turned 5 years is snuggled under some fleece blankets -- a cat that craves warmth even on a warm spring morning!


Did I say this blog was no longer about crafty stuff?  Well, sometimes it will be.  Here, on a whim, I used double strand of crochet cotton and made a shell stitch cover over a pint canning jar.   No particular reason to do so.  Just because I could...



We did a bit more reno work in our townhouse a couple of months ago.  When we bought this place it had a small dark room for a previous photo enthusiast, but we found that it became just a place to pile junk!  So we tore down the walls and took out the plywood floor and a sink and other stuff, laid the basement entryway bare, and took all the stuff away.  At a building recycle place we picked up a counter and a set of cabinates and placed them against the far wall.  Re-situated the washer and dryer and brought the chest freezer out of the dining room and into the basement....


I took a little trip a couple weeks ago.  I went to visit my son and other family members who live in Victoria, BC.  
When I lived in Victoria in the mid 1980's  I used to drive my mother to her favourite second hand stores (before my sister took over that job in the 90's).  One of our favourite stores was St. Vincent de Paul in Langford and now 25 years later visiting the same store, I was surprised to see that the shop was exactly as it had always been!

 I visited with my brother and his wonderful wife Rene'.   My brother's health is not good, but Rene' is an absolute gem!  She is so loving and attentive and Mike is a happy man.


And driving along Gorge Rd. near where we lived and worked in Victoria.  There used to be a popular 24 hours restaurant where you see the fence and a car now...  It was a nice drive around town and I guess Victoria is not a town that changes a great deal...

The only part of the trip I did not enjoy was travelling home via BC Ferries, from Victoria to the lower mainland.  I guess I forgot how people rush around and have a need to be first in any line.  It's not like the ship is going to leave the dock before everyone gets on or off!  I trundle along at my old lady pace, and they did not leave me behind -- I was the last person out the gate and once all those in a rush hurried past me, my walk to the arrival/depart building was peaceful and quiet.

I did learn something wonderfully happy tho,   The sons that I made so very long ago, have become all that I worked so hard to make them.  Attentive and thoughtful, good citizens of the world, working and caring to make the world, at least our little world, a very fine place to spend our time here on earth...  I like the sons that came from me.   I am proud of them, and proud of myself for doing a mighty fine job of helping them find their place.


- Men are, that they might have joy.  2 Nephi 2:25