Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back!

I sure don't know how I would manage a lifestyle where I had to work for someone else for 8 hours a day!  I did it at one time, tho.  House, Kids, Job, Quiltmaking, Pets, and More...

Today tho, the House is not such a big job, because the kids are grown, so there are no toys or papers or loads and loads of boys jeans and t-shirtsin the laundry, and Kids I must admit are not on my radar anymore!  My job, just sort of faded away and I never did bother to look for another, so I get to do what I want when I want all day long.

So what do I do with my day?  Organizing seems to take alot of time.  I am beginning to think we, and that WE means everyone, have too much STUFF.   My sewing room has been under a major overhaul -- it has been about 2 years worth actually and is now really looking like a manageable heap!

Some of the things coming out of the sewing room, tho are going into my new WhichCraft Pearls Etsy shop  where I am working on finishing up projects, big and small and listing them for sale!  Even unfinished items that were given to me that I have put my own spin on to create Mug Rugs that perhaps someone will just not be able to resist!

 
Or perhaps an ecology conscience buyer will be looking for christmas supplies, like gift tags created from a stack of used christmas cards!  Love the ribbon I found to add to these tags! and there are more batches to come!
 
 
It takes a fair amount of time to list and describe each of these items and often I find that the hours between breakfast and lunch have been taken up with photography and writing enticing descriptions for the items in my shop!
 
I still manage my Susan Being Snippy Shop too which is mostly quilting or sewing supplies and patterns and lots of buttons (I have more buttons in shoeboxes than I have listed in the shop), sometimes quilt blocks and other quilting things are in that shop...
 
 
 
And the big question is...
Do you make any money at this?  Well, to be honest, it sure would never pay the mortgage, but it probably would pay for a trip to Vegas each year or something else that might be a nice change of pace! (if I didn't spend a portion on things like yarn and thread and other necessities of life!)
 
Now, why did I title this post 3 steps forward...?  Oh yeah, 'cause I was working on a project that has been waiting for MONTHS to be done and when I finally got to it yesterday, what I thought was a complete set of supplies turned out that the cording to go around a decorator cushion was 4 inches short!  So a few steps back to the fabric store to get that little item and hopefully that job will be done later today!
 
That is if I don't fall asleep mid afternoon -- as with city life, there is the occasional rowdy neighbour and guests that insist on getting louder as the night wears on, instead of quieter...  And being rather SNIPPY as I am want to do now and then, when I let the dog out in the yard this morning I let her bark (at the door to come in) for a few extra minutes as my own bit of revenge!
 
Happily Busy and Busily Happy....