OH, not a good sound!
But lets start with the good stuff...
A friend gave me some unfinished fabric experiments as she called them... And some practice pieces of quilting that she could not find any need for... The quilting practice pieces were not too large, but large enough and the fabric used on both sides was a very good quality... So I trimmed the quilted sections into Hexagon shapes and put a binding around --- Now -- Mug Rugs! A couple of the applique practice bits also became Mug Rugs...
And, I thought I would give my own bit of arty touch by photographing them out by the birdhouse made from wine corks that I found in a garage sale for two bucks!
Now, having been inspired by those 'practice pieces' I thought I would make a couple of place mats with some scrappy coffee themed fabrics...
CLUNK! Error #5 !
And thats where it sits, until I can get 'er packed up and lugged over to the sewing machine repair guy!
Now, I do have another "utility" sewing machine that I can use in a pinch, but can you believe I kept waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I should go and turn on my Janome to see if the problem had cured itself? I know it hasn't, tho... Why does it become so important to sew something when the NUMBER ONE sewing machine is not immediately useable? Why, the tension and just a tinge of worry?
They say that needlework is relaxing...
And I do have a fairly rich stash of yarn...
Ooooo - KAY! I will start another crochet project...
Just a quick one.
Would you believe I was hunting up something to do at 4am? Yes I was! Yarn picked and project started by 4:30am... Then I dozed off while sitting in my chair til almost 7am --- Proof that needlework is relaxing!!
A Mobious Headband
I came across this free pattern at PD Designs and it is a quick and easy pattern and best of all, FREE!
I have made a couple of changes tho... The yarn I used is a wool blend and a bit finer than a worsted weight, so I found I needed to increase the beginning chain by 10 -- then after getting most of the way done, I decided I preferred a more 'solid' weave so ripped out the third row and just did two more rounds of the second row of the instructions... Not quite done, but no more than a half hour of crochet stitches to do...
then I think I will add a contrast yarn in a simple running stitch along the edge...
Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network...