That is, why did I do either of these projects...
I have BUTTONS, Buttons, and more buttons! Actually alot of them are quite old or fancy so I package them up and sell them in my ETSY store, but many are just plain ole buttons, the leftovers from sweaters and shirts and a few from coats and other ones when you buy six and you only need 4 -- you know that sort of thing...
Well, also being somewhat addicted to Pinterest, I have one of my "boards" as BUTTONS and looking through them the other day, I thought " I CAN DO THAT!" even though I really didn't need to and it took up time where I could have been vacuuming the stairs or dusting the ornaments or even washing the pots and pans, but instead I chose to play with buttons....
Not only buttons but a bunch of old costume jewellery that my Aunt gave me last summer -- those earrings and pendants really add bling to the buttons!
And really, do I need a reused peanut butter jar (painted on the inside with beige acrylic paint) with dozens of these things glued on? HMMMMM.... I did have in mind that it might make a chunky vase for the occassional live flowers that find their way into my house, but then do the flowers want to compete with fake diamonds?
And then I was surfin' through some web sites and came across a quilt of 'canning' jars -- You've seen them, right? the jar shape with printed fabric with a variety of food prints or bug prints or...
And it crossed my mind why don't I do that and sew real buttons onto the jar shape...
Does it need more buttons or not?
I can't seem to get a straight answer from the Quilt Inspector, Walter...