Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Work in Progress - Time Divided

Progress has been slow.  I am working on FIVE different projects right now.  This is quite unusual for me.  I may have a number of UFO's, but often they are projects that have been started and stalled for any number of reasons.  I usually work on one or maybe two things and continue with those until they are done.



But, I am working on two crochet projects right now, a simple granny style shawl with a light viscose/acrylic yarn that was given to me that has a nice 'summery' feel to it.  Hope tho, that I am finished long before summer -- I don't think it is for me, as I don't wear shawls, perhaps I will see if it sells in the Etsy store?  

The other crochet project is for me,  I am working on a crochet sweater.   I don't have a picture of the work so far done on it because I am still figuring out some of the explainations and making adjustments so that it will fit me.   I am finding that, I am crocheting parts of it two or three times until my adjustments work, because the instructions do not seem to be.   The photo of it on the yarn website looks good but when I follow their instruction, it looks distorted and out of proportion -- but maybe that is my shape, not the AVERAGE shape that it is made for...  I am determined to have a new sweater, so I will keep at it until I have it!

My sewing projects, I started a week or so, one is the bits and pieces tote bag I am working on and I finally have enough of those "crumbs" sewn together to create the front bottom and back of the bag, now just to decide on the fabrics for the sides and straps/handles and pockets, it should be complete in a couple of days.

 
The other sewing project I am in the midst of, is a small quilt that I really am beginning to dislike! I have never bought this style of fabric and always thought they were quite lovely, but I am finding that they are not really my cuppa tea.   They seem quite rich looking but something about them just doesn't please my sensibilities...
 
 
 
I want to send it to the CQA invitational show in May 2013.  I may rethink that, but I find I am doing quite consciencious work on this, so I think it should be quite representational of what I do, even though the fabrics are not my favourites to work with.
 
And a Christmas gift project that I don't dare show, in case the wrong, or is that right person sees it...
 
Do you know what it feels like after a dose of CATNIP?
 
 
Whew!
 
I am linking up today with The Needle and Thread Network and with Freshly Pieced, Work in Progress.