Monday, September 5, 2011

Scott's Birthday

It is only 3 weeks and my youngest son will turn 34 years old.   Now, I am not the kind of person to give 'things' or to go and hunt up gifts for occasions.  I give presents when I feel like it and that can happen on any day, or at any time.  Around our house tho, we like to have a cake and ice cream and maybe even jello -- the traditional (well for us anyway) birthday cake with two layers and icing.

This time though I was thinking cheesecake.  Scott does love cheesecake -- and so do I.  As to the father in this family, it really doesn't matter what he likes, cause he's not the baker and if he doesn't want any, well more for me and Scott.

So, I went looking for cheesecake recipes on the internet.   Here are a few that look to be interesting and perhaps I will have to test them out over the next weeks, until I settle on one for the birthday Day... 

What an excuse to have cheesecake!

So first I came upon

http://permanentposies.com/2011/09/crockpot-cheesecake-with-caramel-sauce/

Which seems to me the easiest and perhaps the most interesting experiment, simply because it is done in a crockpot...

Then cheesecake in a crockpot lead me to the blog that it was adapted from

http://kedarhower.blogspot.com/2011/08/crockpot-peanut-butter-cheesecake.html

I am not quite sure about peanut butter cheesecake though.  The father of this family does love peanut butter above all else, but we are not making a cheesecake for him, are we?

So the Peanut Butter cheesecake says it was adapted from  this crockpot cheesecake recipe....

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/07/crockpot-cheesecake-recipe.html

I remember when Scott was a little boy, we used to make a 'cheesecake' with whipping cream and jello in a premade graham pie crust that was no cook and the whole family gobbled it up -- back in those days we had to of course share with older son, Neil, who was not a cheesecake fiend but of course would not refuse it, either....

Hmmmmmmm....  Did I say it was three weeks to Scott's birthday?  Perhaps a cheesecake every weeks up to his birthday would be an interesting birthday concept.  Scott and I love cheesecake.  We are going to be SO fat, or well, fatter by the time his birthday rolls around on the 24th of this month...

1982

I will try to take photos to post reviews of these cheesecakes as I get them made....

No comments: