I have taken up another little challenge, you may notice a "button" near the bottom of this page on the left side, it is the Project Process Challenge. Not really a challenge per se, but a pledge to show how a project progresses from idea to completion. I will try to post some of the things that I do and how ideas percolate, get started and the road to completion.
But, not today.
The middle day of a long weekend. I started and finished this scarf today.
I saw this scarf on another blog yesterday -- and I am sorry I cannot point you to that blog, but I can point you to the instructions for this super quick crochet scarf.
I often like to test out things with 'less' expensive yarns to see how well I like it -- I do like to crochet, but oddly, often I do not really like what I make for myself -- other than afghans, so a test with a acrylic yarn (worsted weight) - (the "super saver" size ball is more than enough) produced the above result. This pretty, One Skein Crochet Scarf will probably be passed along or donated to my local Christmas bureau and I think, I may just make one for myself, now. It is so long that it wraps around me little neck twice. And still has rather long dangly loose ends.
If this pattern interests you too, go to http://www.patonsyarns.com/data/pattern/pdf/instruction_1858.en_US.pdf
It is quick to crochet, especially on the middle day of a long weekend -- if you stay at home. Well, we did go explore the Flea Market this Morning and the Veggie Market where we got the weekly supply of plant goodness... And still, I got this whole scarf completed. Yes, I think I will make another...
A thought that I did have while working on this scarf was that I thought perhaps, those Mile-A-Minute Afghan Patterns would also work well to create a quick scarf similar to this one today. I am going to have to look up some of those to see how they might work as quick scarfs and maybe keeping it to one skein...
We'll get back to that idea in a day or two...