To be able to get in the car in the middle of the "working" week and go for a drive is an amazing luxury. For only the cost of the gas and the time, one has a wonderful summer memory!
The Fraser Valley, just about 70 kms east of Vancouver, BC is a wonderment of farmland, both animals and plants. On a little side road in what is called Glen Valley we stopped the car to "talk" to these horses -- the cows were not at all interested in any sort of conversation -- they were busy munching bits of whatever it is that cows munch on. The Pinto there was quite happy to stop his foraging and listen to every word we said -- he did not talk back or even ask for a 'present' -- he just stood and made every effort to appear interested. One hates to leave anyone who listens so attentively! Too many times I have had the experience of someone wandering away while I am in mid-sentence! How humiliating!Since there was no big rush to do or be anywhere, I spent some time to explore the settings on my relatively new camera and took this lovely picture of some roadside flowers. Not a spectacular set up of a photo, but crisp and clean and clear. I am quite happy with the result. These flowers -- some sort of daisy? were blooming all along the roadway - near a farm. Not sure if they were planted there with a purpose or perhaps they had escaped a garden and self propagated in order to make passer-bys happy just to see them.
Now, today, I am going back to a struggle in my sewing room. I am trying to get a zipper on the top of a small bag -- but I am not happy with the zipper sort of bulges at beginning and end. Is there a secret to installing a zipper on a bag so that the 'seams' don't bulge and look not quite finished properly? I have looked through some tutorials on-line but they all are the same -- do we have to settle for that raggedy finish? Help! if you can give me an answer!
What I have learned today: I'll let you know later if I ever figure out the zipper thing....
